[Gllug] Re: [GLUG] OT: Sun E450

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Tue Mar 25 13:24:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 01:12:28PM +0100, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I hope that someone can help me out, I need to connect to a Sun E450, and
> I've forgotten how to do it? (don't laugh).
> As far as I remember I used to connect using one of the blue Cisco cables,
> and Hyperterminal, or SecureCRT, and for the life of me I can't get it to
> work, can anyone please give me some pointers, web sites, anything?

Settings:

 9600 8n1
 (There is somewhere other "hardwire" options afair)
 Preferably set all software & hardware flow control settings to off.

Beware:

 Some/most of the Cisco DB25 male connectors, are for Modems
(faint inscription on the side ;^), so
preferably use a straight ethernet cable (all 4 pairs connected)
instead of the roll-over Cisco cable, or use the DB25 female
(terminal connecter) with a gender bender and the roll-over cable.

Hendrik

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk