[Gllug] Linux gripes help!!

David Myers davemyers at mailbox.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 20:39:58 UTC 2003

Stephen Harker wrote:

> On Thursday 20 March 2003 10:20 am, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> > And verily, didst Branden Faulls announce to the hordes:
> > >
> > > www.mozilla.org
> > > www.jpilot.org
> > >
> > > You'll want the latest stable Mozilla download.  Jpilot and pilot-tools
> > > are likely to be packages available from your distro.  Try using YAST to
> > > get them. (I'm a Debian man so I can't help with this)
> >
> > Alas, Yast doesn't have that capability. It can install downloaded
> > packages, but it can't select and download them itself.
> >
> > Yast2 online update can, but yast2 isn't part of SuSE 7.0.
>
> I have an Suse 7.2 Professional Boxed CD set with books if you want it which
> if you upgrade to, will give you Yast2 amongst other things. Free if you can
> get to Hammersmith and pick it up :-)
>
> SteveH

OOH an offer I can barely refuse!! where abouts in hammersmith?? I work
on the Fulham palace road, at Charring Cross Hopsital!

ERRR, question is when is a good moment? you can allways call me at
work, I just can't remember the number, hang on let me get my palm pilot
out!!!

tel: 02083830520   you may take a while to get through, if you call next
week that would be best for me when you do get through - sorry I find
that rather amusing knowing how busy we are of late! - then ask for me,
I will be in the "specials" department, don't worry if you get through
to someone who doesn't know me as we have just had a couple of newbies
start this week.

keep in touch via email though. and thanks again.

--
Dave "The Rave" myers.

AKA. the scourge of the dusty eyeball

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk