[Gllug] Advice on getting on the career ladder for c and

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 10:48:12 UTC 2003

> Apply for them anyway, you may get rejected out of
> hand but at least someone somewhere will be looking
> at your CV

I will do, I'm not afraid of rejection - I see it as a

chance to ask : "Why won't you employ me" and then
I can do something about it!

> Oh and BTW all jobs say "2 years minimum experience"
> for whatever skill they want, I have seen in the
> past people wanting 5 years+ experience of products
> that have only been around for a couple of years.

That is encouraging. Thanks

> There should be some on jobserve ;)

Yeah, I trawl through the mails *every* day!

> Do you want to get involved in a sourceforge
project?

I see what you're saying here. I think that the answer
may well be "yes!". But I will bare in mind that it's
not a means to an end, more a belief system!

Adam, thanks for your reply. If anyone else has more
advice on strategies I am all ears.

Thanks

Ben

http://uk.my.yahoo.com