[Gllug] Faraday Cage

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Fri May 16 15:27:59 UTC 2003

well, not really,

the faraday cage surrounding our nuclear bunker has gaps that are 4"x4", mobile
phone microwave just gets sucked away within 12" of the mesh, same for wifi,
but the good this is inside you dont get much in the way of signal reflections
and can get quite a good siganl with wifi :-)

Ian

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 01:33:06PM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> Gosh this is all jolly educational stuff - we should have more of this sort
> of thing, maybe, and less about boring old computers ?? !!
>
> I seem to recall reading somehwere that this faraday cage thing only works
> if the aperture size of the holes in the cage are smaller than the wavelength
> of the RF energy  - so mobile phones will still work in jail/gaol cells ??
>
> Tim
>

> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)