[Gllug] Pointy clicky remote filesystem browsing

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Sun May 18 11:18:52 UTC 2003

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 04:27:30PM +0100, Tethys wrote:

> Richard Jones writes:
>
> >Is there any sort of pointy-clicky way for users to browse & mount
> >remote filesystems under Linux (as there is under Windows)? I'm
> >looking for something which can be easily integrated into a small
> >network of computers running KDE on Linux.
>
> ISTR that once you've got LISa up and running, there's something
> in one of the KDE menus (or is it even in Konqueror?) that lets
> you browse the local network.

lan:/ or something I like it very nice. :)

> Dunno. KDE sucks too much for me to want to use it for any length
> of time, so my memory's a bit rusty...

I prefer the feel of something more spartan and Next step like but to
be fair kde is very nice, kde3.1.1 is a very mature desktop with some
very nice features you can also browse ssh connections with something
called fish brilliant for laptops on 802.11b.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk