[Gllug] Networking SUSE and Windows

Tom Trainer tomtrainer at bigfoot.com
Mon May 12 06:53:30 UTC 2003

I have a Compaq running Windows with a cable modem internet connection,
and a Dell running SUSE Linux.  I can ping the Dell from the Compaq and
vice versa, and I have pinged external IP addresses from the Linux
machine via the Windows machine.  However, I cannot get any connection
to the internet with Konqueror or Kmail.

When I do a route, I get:

Destination	Gateway	Genmask	Flags	etc. etc.
192.168.00	*		255.255.255.0	U	etc. etc.
eth0
default	Compaq.msho	0.0.0.0		UG	etc. etc.	eth0

and when I do a traceroute, I get as far as 192.168.0.1, and then it
just shows me asterisks on all subsequent lines.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk