[Gllug] Linux POS

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Mon May 19 15:30:09 UTC 2003

>> On 19 May 2003 16:06:12, Ashley Evans <k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk> said:

   > Hi list followers, Do any of you know of a simple Linux based
   > Point of Sale system. It doesn't need to be paticularly
   > complicated as it will be used stand-alone.

Jamie Zawinski's investigation of PoS systems points to:

   <http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=3287>

.. which is a review of a commercial hardware-based system that runs
Linux.  There's also his own PoS implementation, open source and written
using GTK+:

   <http://www.dnalounge.com/backstage/src/pos/>

- Chris.
--