[Gllug] Question

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Mon May 19 11:47:28 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 11:44, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a question, I need to change the IP addy of a server at our hosting
> centre, which is about 1.5 hours away from the office, and I am not in the

A general tip, which might be useful to many people,
is that Unix commands can be separated by semicolons.

So if you are working remotely, you can execute a series of commands one
after the other, and ensure that they will all be run, for example:
echo "Hello" ; echo "there"

This is useful for working on firewalls, and in other situations.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk