[Gllug] Dreamcast stuff

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Wed May 14 21:44:05 UTC 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 09:58, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On Sun 11 May, Richard Jones bloviated thus:
> > http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/05/11/1654206&mode=nested&tid
> >=127&tid=186
> >
> > Well done to our own Adrian McMeneneneneiham for getting onto Slashdot
> > today!
>
> How well did it hold up to the hammering?  It was working for me this
> morning.

The load on the DC never got very high (actually never higher than about 0.1),
I don't know enough about inetd but my impression was that it was limiting
the spawning of the micro_httpd process. I googled for ways to run more
processes but couldn't find one - I resorted to running lots of copies of
inetd, but all that happened there was that there would be bursts of
micro_httpds running and then silence.

I switched it off last night and all today - but it's on again now and  there
is a hit every two or three minutes, compared to the 9 or 10 per second at
the peak!

I added an extra link to the system though - you can now download a tetris
game for the DC VMU straight off the site.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk