[Gllug] Dreamcast stuff

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Wed May 14 22:46:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:44:05PM +0100, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> I don't know enough about inetd but my impression was that it was limiting
> the spawning of the micro_httpd process. I googled for ways to run more
> processes but couldn't find one - I resorted to running lots of copies of
> inetd, but all that happened there was that there would be bursts of
> micro_httpds running and then silence.

You might try changing the 'nowait' option to 'nowait.MAX' where MAX
is the maximum number of connections per minute permitted before inetd
starts to refuse connections. It defaults to something quite low (40
for the version of inetd that I have installed here) and increasing it
is often a good idea.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London) and Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/