[Gllug] /dev/console

Simon Faulkner simon at titanic.co.uk
Mon May 19 17:15:26 UTC 2003

Perhaps a less... bulky method (no monitor required) might be to have an
LED/LCD dot matrix display connected to the parallel port and output the
number to that in the script that does the database entry?
<<

Yes, I have played with one of these but I want to write quite a lot of info
and they are also inordinatly expensive for more than 2x20 chars.
(15" LCD monitors are now under ?150 in places!)

I have also used festival to read some of the info out aloud.  Now you don't
even have to be near the PC to get the results.
(also very amusing when Python spills it's guts!)

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk