[Gllug] [OT] Experiences with Teramac rack server from DNUK?

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Fri May 9 20:42:02 UTC 2003

Xander D Harkness wrote:

> Life can be a lot cheaper depending upon your requirements.

The primary requirement is lots of horsepower to sustain us while we
rework code to be fast.  I would be moving the execution off a
dual-processor 700Mhz Xeon, so it has to be 50% faster at a minimum--so
it won't work for this requirement.  Your idea may very nicely fit other
needs that are next on the funding chain, if I can find a nice way to
put two drive into the box in a mirrored configuration.

> *VIA EPIA ME6000 Mainboard*
> <http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=132>     *£88.00*
>         *Kingston Low Profile 512MB PC133 SDRAM*
> <http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=130>     *£61.75*
>         *1U Rackmount Case - 150W/365mm deep*
> <http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=129%7B4%7D13>
> / - Internals None/     *£135.00*
> / /

> *Sub-Total: £284.75*

This seems to me to break the rule mentioned for the case: "*Note that
the Audio Connector on the EPIA M boards is too tall for this case."  If
you look at the back panel picture on page 2-7 of the ME6000 manual
(http://www.viavpsd.com/product/3/4/EPIA-M_Manual_v1.30.pdf, 3Mb), the
In/Out/Microphone block does indeed stick up higher than the other
connectors...*

Alan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk