[Gllug] Nuclear bunker

Peter Childs Blue.Dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 20 18:09:48 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 11:01, Tethys wrote:
> Ian Norton writes:
> >the faraday cage surrounding our nuclear bunker has gaps that are
> >4"x4", mobile phone microwave just gets sucked away within 12" of the
> >mesh
>
> Indeed. I happened to be there over the weekend. More interesting
> than the faraday cage, though, was the vast amounts of Old Tech(tm),
> that brought back many fond memories from times long ago -- I wasn't
> expecting to see another Digital DecWriter II teletype any time soon.
> Or a Bull DPS 6000.
>
> Tet

	Hmm Like the Bull DPS 6 running 24, 7 in my office currently. The replacement
is now 6 months over due.... (The replacement a Linux based system...)
	If it ain't broke why fix it?
	The worst problem strangly is getting Linux to speak to the Bull, TPS serial
drivers were not a strong point on the Bull. But otherwise It works quite
well (our main problems are the UPS and the Air Conditioning...)
	Oh the reason we are 6 months late people is that keep adding new features to
the Bull and the new system is chasing a moving target....
	Oh its in SE1.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk