[Gllug] Feedback from a disappointed Linux user

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu May 1 11:48:17 UTC 2003

See the forwarded message below. To be fair to Linux, the crashing/
hanging issue is down to the broken D-Link 650 wireless card. I tried
another Prism card in the machine and that worked fine.

I told him to go & buy a copy of Windows + Office from PC World which
I would install (since he bought the laptop second hand from a
company, he doesn't have a legal copy of Windows to reinstall on it,
which is where the whole RH issue came up from in the first place). It
was funny he was asking me as a Red Hat contractor to install an
illegal copy of a competitor's product!

Rich.