[Gllug] traffic shapping

Leandro Stasi lstasi at onetel.com
Thu May 22 11:24:00 UTC 2003

Jonathan,

Why do you want to slow down incoming traffic?

For this type of question you should try lartc.org mailing list. They know a
lot about this.

Ingress Qdisc is very limited, you can try using IMQ Intermediate Queuing
Device, which allow to redirect all incoming traffic to a virtual device
that you can add any other Qdisc you want.

Any way
I'm not really sure but look like you are sending all your incoming traffic
to flowid :1 and I think it doesn't exits so all the incoming traffic is
lost. Try to remove flowid :1. Everything else looks ok so It also may be
that u32 doesn't work well with Ingress. You are using a really experimental
modules.
I am going to look for more info about it but Ingress Qdisc is the less
documented.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk