[Gllug] traffic shapping

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Wed May 21 12:11:04 UTC 2003

I'm trying to set up some traffic shaping on my dial up connection to limit
the speed of incoming packets and have been following the guidelines given
in the advanced routing howto at lartc.org.  The problem is it just seems to
kill my incomming traffic and I can't work out why.

I'm using the following commands:
tc qdisc add dev ppp0 handle ffff: ingress
tc filter add dev ppp0 parent ffff: protocol ip prio 50 u32 match ip src \
   0.0.0.0/0 police rate 25kbit burst 2k drop flowid :1

As soon as I run the seccond one I get no incomming traffic at all.  Can
anyone shed some light as to why this is happening?

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk