[Gllug] How to install a Debian unstable package on a Debian testing/stable system

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu May 15 15:22:57 UTC 2003

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but it's not in the Debian FAQ anyway :-(

I've got a working Debian/testing system, but I need a Debian/unstable
package to be installed. Unfortunately this depends on several other
unstable packages (perl >= 5.8 for a start).

How can I configure APT to let me install this package & all the ones
it needs, but only those? - I don't want to turn the whole system into
an unstable one.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London) and Merjis Ltd. http://www.merjis.com/