[Gllug] Evesham/Linux for a small business

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 09:06:09 UTC 2003

On Thu 06 Nov, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> You can actually take this one step further, if you're feeling brave.
>
> I would have pointed out that there was no way I could buy a copy of
> Windows XP for £60, and I would have asked them to explain why it wasn't
> the full cost of the OS as available, for example, from PC world.
>
> They will, of course, say that they buy in bulk and have agreements with
> Microsoft and so forth. You then simply say "oh, so I can buy a copy of
> Windows XP from you for £60 can I?"

   Of course Office World would sell retail packs in fancy boxes, rather
than the bulk plain OEM packs which are supposed to be supplied to trade
only, although it is probably not too difficult to find a small local
distributor who would split a box of bulk packs if you really wanted to
buy a single copy.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk