[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Nov 18 12:44:39 UTC 2003

On Tue 18 Nov, Martin A. Brooks bloviated thus:

> It's considered bad form to
>
> a) Post HTML mail to a mailing list

No.  It's considered bad form to post HTML-only emails.  If a plain
text version is also included, it's not a problem.  If it were a
problem, it would be a simple matter for the mailing list software to
strip it.

> b) Attach large and worthless "disclaimers".

Well, yes, but often without any choice in the matter.  I managed to
whittle my work's one down to "These words are my own and do not
necessarily represent the views of my employer."  At least it doesn't
make some sort of false claim.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should
  be done for the first time."
- Alfred E Wiggam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk