[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 19:31:14 UTC 2003

On Wed 19 Nov, Bernard Peek wrote:

> I'm in two minds about this. Most of the arguments for plain text and
> for HTML are pretty convincing. On balance, I'd say that people who
> prefer plain-text should probably use HTML and people who prefer to use
> HTML should probably be limited to plain text.

   Many of us simply do not bother to read anything other than plain ASCII
text, even when using a nice big screen, let alone something like my mobile
phone which is classed as email capable on its 20*10 (or less) character
screen. And yes I have received 500+MB M$ Word attachments. I do not use my
mobile phone for emails, although I might have wanted to if available in the
past when I worked very long hours anywhere at any time and at short notice.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk