[Gllug] Voluntary work

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 14:59:12 UTC 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Roger Whittaker wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> > I don't know if these people are looking for volunteers, but I do know
> > that they are a charity which recycles computers, based in N. London.
> >
> > http://www.computeraid.org/home.htm
>
> I had some contact with these people some time ago and what they are doing
> looks excellent.  But they don't have Linux skills (or didn't when I met
> them).  If someone really wanted to help, teaching their people about LTSP
> might be very useful.

 Do you know for how long they've been operating? I used to frequent the
 zone where they are located, if they have any obvious visual presence
 I should have spotted them.

 I've been always quite interested in getting old hardware being put
 back into use. And they are just 5 minutes from my place. Though I know
 almost nothing about LTSP, I keep my hardware skills on early Pentium
 machinery.

 Is it just me or the menus on their website don't work in Mozilla
 Firebird? I had to resort to Links to be able to browse it.

 Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk