[Gllug] Voluntary work

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Tue Nov 11 16:06:01 UTC 2003

Craig,
  My experience with this is that a Charity is a business just like any
other.  Most businesses don't like their Infrastructure maintained by
volunteer staff as they have a tendency be "Here today gone tomorrow".  Most
of the work done by volunteers is grunt work to take the load off the people
who are employed by the charitable organization.  Before you move into a
roll of responsibility in said organization you have to prove you will "be
here tomorrow to" by volunteering for them for several years.  Once you have
done this, you will be allowed to work on things like this.

Good luck and let us know how this pans out.

Andy