[Gllug] Fetchmail from ISP

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Fri Nov 21 11:13:30 UTC 2003

* wendy carr <wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk> [031121 10:50]:
> I've got a single email account with my ISP and
> several users with user at xyz.co.uk.These user at xyz.co.uk
> sre mapped in to the single ISP mail account.So when
> retieving the mail from ISP pop server evryone is able
> to see evryone elses mails.
> I have fetchmail/IPOP3 running in my linux box
> downloading the mails from the ISP.Still i cant find
> any way to redistribute the mails only to correct
> users.

Apart from the other suggestions, fetchmail does support various kinds
of multidrop mailboxes (see fetchmail(1)) although clearly without the
envelope information from the SMTP server this doesn't always work
perfectly.

In your fetchmailrc, you could try something like:

poll yourisp.pop.net:
  user yourispusername with pass yourisppassword to fred lisa joe here

where fred, lisa, and joe are your local users.

jack

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk