[Gllug] Fetchmail from ISP

Jeremy Booth jeremy at computerbooth.com
Fri Nov 21 11:25:46 UTC 2003

> * wendy carr <wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk> [031121 10:50]:
>> I've got a single email account with my ISP and
>> several users with user at xyz.co.uk.These user at xyz.co.uk
>> sre mapped in to the single ISP mail account.So when
>> retieving the mail from ISP pop server evryone is able
>> to see evryone elses mails.
>> I have fetchmail/IPOP3 running in my linux box
>> downloading the mails from the ISP.Still i cant find
>> any way to redistribute the mails only to correct
>> users.

Hi
  I have the same thing, sort of, only mine goes one stage further, I also
have 3 other domains dumping mail into that one box, fetchmail gets it
and pumps it into exim for me, using mail aliases exim sorts it and
forwards it or delivers it (my dads mail for example comes it on one of
the domains, and then gets forwarded to his own ISPs mail account, it
takes a little longer, but means he can use that address and not need to
worry if he does change ISP, and at the same time, he doesn't need to
know anything beyond what his ISP told him to do to set up email
access). If you only want a single domain responce then it's easier and
fetchmail can do the work for you. I never intended to end up doing all
of this with fetchmail, but on the other hand, it means when I break my
mail config, I don't loose any as it's still sat on the mail server
fetchmail retreives it from.

HTH

Jeremy

--