[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Nov 25 23:01:03 UTC 2003

On Tue 25 Nov Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> Hmm - you (or someone else) might be able to answer a question that has
> mildly bugged me for years, but I've never bothered to actually find out
> the answer to. I've seen many documents, written in TeX, where the
> output PostScript is typographically beautiful, but which, when
> converted to PDF, display a rendering problem that makes them look at
> though each letter has different vertical alignment. What actually
> causes that? Some font weirdness or something?

I've had this with my own documents, and it seems to be that the default
latex fonts are poorly supported in PDF.  Using times instead, the
output is lovely.  Put:

\usepackage{times}

in the preamble, and bob's your uncle.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk