[Gllug] Samba with NT/XP browsing problems [Hand Holding]

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Mon Nov 17 18:33:32 UTC 2003

I have installed Samba on my Debian Woody 3.0 (PPC) machine and have
introduced it into a network of Windows NT and XP machines.  All works
swimmingly and users are able to log into the shares and their home
directories without a hitch.

When Samba is started on this box, something happens to the visibility
of all of the other shares on the network, namely they disappear with
the exception of my Debian box.  What have I misconfigured that would
cause this to occur?

I have read the HOWTO's and winNT.txt docs, thinking that this was
related to either workgroup name resolution or the password encryption
problems.  Un / fortunately  I'm better versed in Linux networking than
Windows and most of the documentation means little to me.  I would
appreciate guidance/ page slapping to put me on the right track.

I have attached my smb.conf below for perusal and ridicule.

Many Thanks,

Branden Faulls