[Gllug] Linux directory conventions

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Nov 10 14:17:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:32:44PM -0000, Jeremy Booth wrote:
> Of course learning sendmail first will mean that you will appreciate
> exim/postfix/almost anything else alot more when you do dump sendmail. If
> you are learning it to try and become a sysadmin type person then you will
> need to learn sendmail

Not even then, unless your job specifically requires it.  I know senior
mail administrators at places like MCI who have forgotten what little
they ever knew about Sendmail because they've never had to use it and
have no plans ever to use it.

There is serious money to be made as a Sendmail consultant, otoh, though
I don't think it's a sector with a staffing shortage.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk