[Gllug] DNS woes

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 15:11:17 UTC 2003

In short, yes i know exactly what you are having to deal with, basically, also
ukreg dont propagate any dns updates i do for upto 4 days after the record
needs to be refreshed,

if you go into thier silly control panel, you will see an option to add
'nameserver host records'

in here, (very ilogical)

i added 'ns1.darkspace.org.uk' with ip xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa
and 'ns2.darkspace.org.uk' ip xxx.yyy.zzz.aab

then, i change the nameservers to the above hostnames

its very irritating indeed!

Ian

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:58:34PM -0000, Simon Perry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having some issues with ukreg.com, I recently moved my si-designs.net
> domain name over to them seemingly without problem until it came to changing
> nameservers.
>
> I entered my new nameservers (ns1.si-designs.co.uk ns2.si-designs.co.uk) in
> via the web interface and got an error back "Update Name Server error.
> Response Code: 480 Response Text: Command failed: unable to verify existence
> of nameserver ns2.si-designs.co.uk".
>
> I have verified that my nameservers are up and running, I have several sites
> currently running fine.
>
> Google has been of limited aid, the only answer I have come up with is that
> openSRS requires nameservers to be entered into their database but I am at a
> loss as to how to do that.
>
> Any bright ideas most appreciated.
>
> Simon
>

> --