[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Nov 26 07:55:29 UTC 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Doug Winter uttered the following:
> I've had this with my own documents, and it seems to be that the default
> latex fonts are poorly supported in PDF.  Using times instead, the
> output is lovely.  Put:
>
> \usepackage{times}
>
> in the preamble, and bob's your uncle.

Some of us prefer CM to Times; the problem's not the font, it's the
*encoding* interacting with bugs in acroread.

You need to change the encoding to T1 from OT1.

(And for that, there's the fontenc package.)

--
`Me, I want exploding spaceships and pulverized worlds and clashes of
 billion-year-old empires *and* competently written sentences.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk