[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Mon Nov 24 22:16:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 08:41:24PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 20:17, Richard Jones wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 08:09:47PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> > > Would a PDF and corresponding RTF file do?
> >
> > I don't know much about RTF. Can it do images, tables and so on?
>
> I believe so. Where is the data coming from that you're using to
> construct these documents?

A postgres database.

Actually, since I asked the question, I've got a bit further. Now I
have a script which generates a .sxw file directly ... and even more
remarkably OpenOffice can actually open and display it. The .sxw
format is pretty huge and complex, but after playing with it in Emacs
for a while I managed to get a minimal working version. It turns out
that OpenOffice is pretty robust, and most of the files in the .sxw
package can be left out.

Now all I need to do is to script OO to load the file and convert it
to a PDF.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj
"I wish more software used text based configuration files!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk