[Gllug] Libraries for writing OpenOffice .sxw files?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 23:04:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 22:16, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 08:41:24PM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know much about RTF. Can it do images, tables and so on?
> >
> > I believe so. Where is the data coming from that you're using to
> > construct these documents?
>
> A postgres database.

We've done a bunch of document generation at work. This may or may not
be relevant to you, but FWIW, we pull stuff out of the database as XML,
and use Apache FOP in conjunction with an appropriate XSLT stylesheet to
transform the XML directly to PDF. FOP also has bacends for generating
PostScript, RTF and ASCII text so far.

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk