[Gllug] CPAN

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sat Nov 1 12:05:22 UTC 2003

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Simon Faulkner wrote:

> I am using a stock RH9 box and need to download some CPAN Perl Modules.
>
> I chose ftp.demon.co.uk but it just times out
> (yes I have opented ports 20 and 21!)
>
> Which CPAN server would you recommend?

Not so much a server recommendation (although I tend to list mirror.ac.uk
as my first choice) but rather a recommendation that you use the HTTP
servers if FTP is blocked by your firewall.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk