[Gllug] Fibre attached SCSI Drives - Qlogic 2100 & Chaparral K7413

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Fri Nov 21 14:23:44 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Andy Young announce to the hordes:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to rebuild an oldish server that has an disk array managed by
> a Chaparral K7413 controller attached to a Qlogic 2100 HBA.
>
> I've gone back to Redhat 7.0 which supports the QLA2100 out of the box
> (later Redhat distros support the 2200 and 2300 but not 2100).
>
> My server can 'see' the HBA and the drive array controller, but not the
> disks attached.
> The Qlogic firmware setup can run a disk check, so they are all plugged
> up OK.

The disks might be detected by the card, but is the card seeing them as an
array, or just as individual physical disks?

Some controllers won't pass on disk info to the operating system until it's
been turned into an array, so go back into the firmware and check that the
actual disks are configured to be a "logical device", i.e. a RAID array...

It's the array the card passes on to the computer to be sda, sdb, etc...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk