[Gllug] Calendars

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Wed Nov 26 17:09:29 UTC 2003

Does anyone have any recommendations for a calendar app? My requirements
are quite simple:

- To be able to add an appointment and a location, potentially with
  recurrence
- To have it notify me when I'm meant to be doing something, via an
  X11 popup window (and potentially by email as well)
- To be able to script adding a new appointment, so I can, for example,
  pass in meeting requests from my MUA (this is far from essential, but
  would be nice)

I used to use gnome-calendar[1], but that no longer exists. Their recommended
"upgrade" path is to use Evolution, but that's a non starter for several
reasons: bloat, bloat, it doesn't pop up messages and bloat among them.

Note that I don't want an "application suite". I already have a perfectly
good MUA. All I want is a standalone calendar app.

Any suggestions?

Tet

[1] Prior to that, I used ical (which is sadly no longer maintained), and
    before that, calendar (which doesn't popup X11 alerts).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk