[Gllug] Voluntary work

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 15:43:38 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, 12 Nov 2003, Sarah Ewen wrote:
>What's everyone doing with their old cases/boxes?

Putting new machines into them, mostly, or engaging in the sort of
semipermanent loan of old kit that geeks do.

In five years we've had very little still-working equipment need left
to rot in the computer room - presently I think there's 2 graphics
cards, a few network cards, a case and PSU, a K6/2 350, and some 64Mb
DIMMS - and the maximum number of x86 boxes we've had concurrently is
three.

If you buy new machines as complete systems you may have more of a
problem, of course.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk