[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 18 09:49:00 UTC 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Doug Winter yowled:
> On Mon 17 Nov Nix wrote:
>> Of course, our appalling mailserver (MS Exchange) didn't realise that it
>> was Cc: ed, and kept one copy for each person in the company. All 1,200
>> of them.
>
> I was under the impression that Exchange only kept one copy of an
> attachment, for all the people it was sent to, then did some kind of
> copy-on-write thing if you edit it infix.

There was no obvious sign of this behaviour. All 300Gb of disk space
vanished in short order and the box crashed.

(Inconsistent behaviour in MS apps: News at 11.)

--
`Me, I want exploding spaceships and pulverized worlds and clashes of
 billion-year-old empires *and* competently written sentences.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk