[Gllug] OT: Copyright and Snow Balls

Formi formi at sdf-eu.org
Fri Nov 28 15:51:03 UTC 2003

 It's all over the TV news, some artist got a settlement out of court with
 Habitat, because they used his "idea" on an ad campaign.

 This idea being putting something inside a snow ball, he got 70K because
 Habitat was accused of suggesting he was backing up their products,
 They had an ad with 2 chairs sticking out of a semi-melted snow ball.

 What next? I can say it is my idea to wear trainers and a kilt, and wait
 until some clothes chain comes up with something similar.. and then sue.

 The media, BBC2 says this is something un-heard of, and they seem to
 suggest it is a good thing.

 formi <-(@)-> sdf-eu.org
 SDF-EU Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf-eu.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk