[Gllug] re: 'djb warning'

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 10:54:21 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net> wrote:
>Non-free, non-cooperative, opinionated git.  But good software.
>http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html

Somehow, I thought the answer would be along those lines !!
Fortunately, the license terms do not appear to prevent one from patching it
to one's hearts content - you just can't redistribute the patched version.
So, all 'upgrades' to qmail consist of patches, which can be a pain since
patch b may not apply correctly if patch a already applied ...

>If it's qmail you're after, consider postfix.  It does everything
>qmail does without DJB.

We use qmail already - works fine, with some patches, in our particular
situation !

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk