[Gllug] Help on Static IP +broadband+IPcop

Henrik Morsing henrik at morsing.cc
Mon Nov 17 12:45:13 UTC 2003

> Web servers behind a NAT aren't _too_ bad, mail servers though can have
> serious problems especially when it comes to MX secondary services. I've
> seen this setup resulting in terminal mail loops.

Works fine for me (I use PlusNet BTW). I host web, mail, DNS, etc for
myself, family and friends. My line is frequently down because my modem
disconnects but the mails always get there when it reconnects.

You should have secondary DNS and MX backup hosted somewhere. I use
widge.net which seems to be very stable. £8/yr for DNS and £25/yr for
mail.

Cheers
Henrik Morsing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk