[Gllug] Bind installation problems

Richard Turner richard.turner at dlf.org.uk
Thu Nov 20 18:19:01 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to set-up a web server for a small network that'll not be
connected to the Net for a demonstration.  Unfortunately, having umpteen
other things on my plate at, I forgot to install bind, which I'll need
to make my apache virtual hosts work.

I've not installed X (the box wouldn't cope very well!).  The distro is
RH7.3 (because that's the same as our real web server - just being extra
cautious).

How do I install bind now?  Any one know what the dependencies are?
I've tried to install bind and bind-devel from the CD, but rpm complains
about bind needed libisccc.so.0 - I've no idea which RH package supplies
this.

I tried rpm -q --whatprovides on another server, but bind has been
upgraded (via RHN) since the install on that machine, so I wasn't being
told the right packages.

Is there a RH utility that'll work out the dependencies for me?  Surely
if anaconda can do it during installation then the information's on the
CD somewhere...

Cheers,

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk