[Gllug] re: sendmail vs the others

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 15:14:34 UTC 2003

My tuppence worth:

when faced with installing a leased line in a hurry with email functionality,
I decided that Sendmail was far too big a hill to climb in the time available.

I went for qmail, which has its faults and detractors, but it is secure and
relatively easy to install without getting out the 'junior witchdoctor' kit.

We have a relatively low email volume, so I would imagine that qmails biggest*
'weakness' - syncing the file system every time an email is written to disc -
does not affect us greatly.  It might however be an issue in some situations.

Tim

*from my perspective !

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk