[Gllug] Linux For Beginners

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Thu Oct 23 10:51:16 UTC 2003

> Doug Winter wrote:
> >
> > So, I'm looking for another distro to recommend.  This is for proper
> > newbies - people who are intelligent but otherwise completely clue free,
> > and generally manualaphobic obviously.

> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Doug.

Has any one done the Learndirect courses on an introduction to Linux?  As
these are government subsidised they are available really cheaply.  And you
can do them at home at your own pace.

It could be a good pointer for people who are interested in Linux and you
don't want to do the donkey work!

We're about to be a learndirect access point at the Internet Cafe I own and
I saw this course was available.  I'll probably do it in the next month or
so to see what they are like.

If any one is interested in more details or whats to sign up then drop me a
note off list.

Andy
p.s.  Sorry if this sounds like an Advert, I've been wondering how to let
the list know about the courses for the last few weeks without getting
flamed and this seemed a good opportunity!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk