[Gllug] wikis again

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Oct 17 21:00:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 09:00:05PM +0100, Adrian wrote:
> After the discussion about this in here earlier I thought - why not put one on
> the inside of the office network.
>
> As this is for fun I am prepared to consider something other than RedHat as
> the distro to host it. Any thoughts on what would go well on a relatively old
> machine with limited (96MB) memory and which wouldn't do anything else?

Almost anything.  None of the current distros, afaik, require 96MB for
their install.  If you do want to try something else, though, Slackware
is a very lean, no-frills distribution that does things differently to
most Linux distributions.  You can learn a lot from trying it out
because its architecture is simpler than Red Hat or Debian (and quite
BSD-like) and shows just how simple and elegant a *nix set-up can be.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.