[Gllug] Getting mutt to display Chinese/Korean/Japanese etc (spam)?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Oct 18 09:18:01 UTC 2003

I suddenly have the urgent need to read spam.

Actually this isn't true. I want to display an email which contains
Chinese characters in it.

Mutt doesn't know what to do with it, and displays the Chinese
characters as question marks. Is there a way to configure mutt to
display Asian character sets? I tried installing mutt-utf8 and running
it under 'xterm -u8' with LANG=en_GB.UTF8, which is slightly better -
it displays double-width squares instead of the characters.

Any ideas?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj