[Gllug] LDAP

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 28 13:43:43 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Peter Childs wrote:

> 	So any ideas anyone? Better still a Gllug talk on LDAP may go
> down well if anyone is capable or knows somone who is and willing to do

Its been done :-)

In the past I have recommended the Wrox book, by Marc Wilcox
http://www.mjwilcox.com/ldap/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1861002211/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026-2869350-6519641

There is now an OReilly book out (haven't used it)
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ldapsa/index.html

As regards putting entries into LDAP etc. then Perl is your friend.
Look for LDAP modules on CPAN, and the examples in the Wrox book
and the OReilly 'Perl for Systems Administration'
or follow the resources on the Marc Wilcox site

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk