[Gllug] LDAP

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 13:33:12 UTC 2003

	Does anyone know of any good beginners guides to LDAP. I've been
trying to get my head round it for a while and have quite frankly got
completly confused.
	I have a bodged together an ldap server so the 4 servers and 4
ltsp clients at work already use the same passwords. Using pam and LDAP.
But I want to do more I think LDAP should be the ideal tool for. (Query it
in my own app written in C++, link Mozilla to it etc) Currently the only
tool I have to add users to the system in Directory_Administor which is
all very well but I would prefer at least some command line programs. I
can't even get ldapsearch to work properly yet...
	So any ideas anyone? Better still a Gllug talk on LDAP may go
down well if anyone is capable or knows somone who is and willing to do
so.
	Just an idea.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk