[Gllug] 1.1 Mb .doc attachment

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 07:20:08 UTC 2003

Hi all,
I've just received my first ever unrequested .doc email attachment of
over 1 megabyte.
It was sent by the secretary (unpaid) of a small group to which I belong
which has a few meetings over the course of a year. He has cc'd this
email to about 30-40 other members of the group (presumably all those
for whom he has an email address). In the attachment he has embedded a
bitmap photo of the speaker for the next meeting (reduced the original
size by 50%) to look better on the single page flyer which is the whole
of the attachment. How do I politely convince him that future
attachments should be sent in a different way. I don't want to appear
ungrateful, but I've already posted a reply in the past asking for
attachments to be sent in non .doc format.
Any reasons behind not sending attachments of this format and size would
be appreciated. I'm sure there must be a few good ones.
TIA
Regards,
Mark Preston

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk