[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Oct 28 10:47:56 UTC 2003

On Tue 28 Oct, Martin A. Brooks bloviated thus:

> If I were diabetic I would _want_ my employer (if I had one who wasn't
> me, anyway :) to know simply so that, if I were found collapsed on the
> floor, they might have a clue as to what the problem is.

Yes but that's a LONG way from the job application stage...

I guess the problem is that I come from a country that has had a
tradition of not trusting employers to do the right thing, and so
legislates.  The UK, after all, doesn't even legislatively require
employers to give their employees bank holidays off!

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called
  research, now would it?"
- Albert Einstein

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk