[Gllug] Failed razor check using spamassassin

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 07:45:34 UTC 2003

Nix wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jon Dye yowled:
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am getting the following message in my mail logs:
>>
>>Sep 28 22:02:20 *** spamd[12731]: razor2 check skipped: Bad file descriptor Died at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Net/Ping.pm line 307,
>><GEN517> line 1.
>
> [snip]
>
>>Has anyone else come across this?  Am I correct in my assumption?  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this (or is
>>the error just a warning and everything works fine)?
>
> It's just a warning; you won't get razor checking, but you'll get
> everything else.
>
> sa 2.60 fixes this.

So it's a bug in sa then?  To me it seemed like razor or Net::Ping was
doing the wrong thing.  Is there reference to this bug on the sa site
because I couldn't find anything when I searched?

I'll ignore the warning for now, I had assumed that it just ment it
skipped the razor check but I was hoping to get it working.

Thanks,

JD

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk