[Gllug] Failed razor check using spamassassin

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Oct 7 15:22:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003, Jon Dye moaned:
> Nix wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jon Dye yowled:
>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I am getting the following message in my mail logs:
>>>
>>>Sep 28 22:02:20 *** spamd[12731]: razor2 check skipped: Bad file descriptor Died at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/Net/Ping.pm line 307,
>>><GEN517> line 1.
>> [snip]
>>
>>>Has anyone else come across this?  Am I correct in my assumption?  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this (or is
>>>the error just a warning and everything works fine)?
>> It's just a warning; you won't get razor checking, but you'll get
>> everything else.
>> sa 2.60 fixes this.
>
> So it's a bug in sa then?

It is a bug in Razor tripped by SA, I think.

>                            To me it seemed like razor or Net::Ping was doing the wrong thing.  Is there reference to this bug on the
> sa site because I couldn't find anything when I searched?

It was discussed on the mailing list some time ago, IIRC. (Of course,
SourceForge's mailing list archives are as horribly broken as ever...)

> I'll ignore the warning for now, I had assumed that it just ment it skipped the razor check but I was hoping to get it working.

Actually, the `Died' makes it look like Net::Ping fell over.
What version of that do you have?

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk